Pages - Menu

miércoles

I've Changed (Yeah right):

You know, I tell myself everday, That I'm going to change - that I'll be different. 'This isn't the same; I'm not the same,' that's what I tell myself... As I sit in front of the computer, praying time doesn't move. Coward, you're weak and you'll always be weak! You bloody disgrace... I pick up some new magazine, get inspired, 'I want to be like that guy,' is what I think to myself. I give it a try for two or three days - I quit. Same old shit again... Making up excuses? It's what you always do, you gutless wonder... I try to reach out with my hands, Seeking something, anything that I can find to help myself hold on... But I don't find it - I just find myself, Sinking back down into the same black swamp - I'm drowning. Awww, what's the matter? You gonna cry, you gonna cry? Yeah, I've hit rock bottom, And you know what? It feels pretty damn good down here. Nice, warm, comfortable, familiar. No pressure, no problems - just like everbody else. ...But, I don't want to be like everybody else Are you trying to catch up to me? What's the point, you're going to fail! I probably am - I know I've tasted it enough times to believe that. But still, I'm running till I can't breathe; working till my legs drop. I'm moving my body, dancing on a stage of glass and nails; It hurts and I want to quit, but somehow I don't. You think you're going to beat me - you can't, I'm the best! Yeah, you are the best, you're perfect. You're the ideal, the goal, the limit, the sky. But you're wrong about me beating you though; I know I won't. Because all I'm going to do is surpass you And I'll make sure that I just keep on climbing higher And until the day that my heart stops beating, I know, I can't quit anymore... Why? Because I've changed.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario